Welcome!!!

Welcome to everyone who found this blog! First things first, the man you see pictured with a healthy glass of wine in his hand, and a jim dandy White Sox shirt on, is my uncle. He is one of the finest human beings ever to walk the earth, and this blog is dedicated to him.

Secondly, I'm not really sure who would want to read anything here. As I stated before, this blog was started by me strictly for theraputic purposes at this point. If something is on here that generates a reaction in you, by all means feel free to share it. If not, that's fine too. This is a fly-by-night operation, so no pressure.

Third, we live in an era where sports information has never been more accessible. Yet somehow most of it manages to be filtered and watered down in many respects by certain media/sports networks/websites. It's my wish to have one little sanctuary where information/thoughts/feelings are free of agenda or spin, or b.s. that exists in todays sportsworld. Hopefully that will exist here.

Fourth, LETS HAVE SOME FUN!!!


Chicago Bears Hulu.com Page

Chicago Bears Hulu.com Page
For All The NFL Network Footage

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Gaines Adams

Usually when the Bears win or lose, I offer up a summary of what I saw. Only rarely do I deviate from my hack observations and evaluations, but today has provided an opportunity to do so, and I'm taking advantage.

Yes the Chicago Bears won their 5th game in a row over the San Diego Chargers 31-20, but that is not what people will be talking about. People won't concern themselves with the fact that the Bears defense failed to stop Vincent Jackson, or generate any pass rush. Bear fans won't be celebrating the fact that the Bears offense rebounded in a major way from last week. We all know what the main area of concern is, and that is the condition of the right thumb of Jay Cutler.

Early reports indicate that Jay Cutler has broken his thumb, it requires surgery, and he will be out 6-8 weeks. Everyone suspects it happened during the return on the interception he threw. Everyone is wondering whether or not he will be back in time for the playoffs, assuming the Bears will even be alive at that time.

First things first, I don't want to hear any retard suggesting that Cutler did this to himself by throwing the pick. I don't want to hear any MJD Parrots of "Dis Jay Cutler aint tough enough! He's gotta play wit da broken thumb because he of da money he makes!" or "I told ya he's not a leader! A leader would play with a broken thumb like dat rapist Ben Roth-el-sumthin!" Just shut your ass! Your kind isn't welcome in Whitey Guccionne's Establishment.

With that out of the way, lets focus on what's important. The important thing is determining the severity of Cutler's injured thumb. If we assume the worst is true, and that he actually does need surgery requiring 6-8 weeks of recovery time, that's the length of the rest of the regular season. It's been speculated a 3-3 split record would be enough to get into the playoffs. I don't think that would be enough to get in.

New Orleans is 7-3, Atlanta is 6-4, Cowboys are 6-4, Giants are 6-4, Detroit is 7-3, and the Bears are 7-3. That's a pretty crowded playoff picture even WITH a healthy Cutler. Call me crazy, but I'm pretty convinced that Caleb Damn Hanie is not good enough to get a 3-3 split. Even if he were, considering the records of the teams above, it wouldn't matter anyway.

Does that mean the season is over? On the surface it would appear so, however....I just can't shake the feeling that Cutler is going to try and tough this out. I know everyone is saying he won't. I know everyone is guaranteeing he's done for the regular season. I understand all of it, and it may very well be the case.

My own overly optimistic projections aside, if we go with what we're being told, I officially declare this Bears season : "over". That, along with the combination of Cutler was unjustly crucified for "not being tough enough" last season, leads me to believe that Cutler will try to play the rest of the way.

I've been wrong before, and I'll more than likely be wrong with this prediction. Still if I'm either Jay Cutler or the Bears, I really don't have a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment