Welcome!!!

Welcome to everyone who found this blog! First things first, the man you see pictured with a healthy glass of wine in his hand, and a jim dandy White Sox shirt on, is my uncle. He is one of the finest human beings ever to walk the earth, and this blog is dedicated to him.

Secondly, I'm not really sure who would want to read anything here. As I stated before, this blog was started by me strictly for theraputic purposes at this point. If something is on here that generates a reaction in you, by all means feel free to share it. If not, that's fine too. This is a fly-by-night operation, so no pressure.

Third, we live in an era where sports information has never been more accessible. Yet somehow most of it manages to be filtered and watered down in many respects by certain media/sports networks/websites. It's my wish to have one little sanctuary where information/thoughts/feelings are free of agenda or spin, or b.s. that exists in todays sportsworld. Hopefully that will exist here.

Fourth, LETS HAVE SOME FUN!!!


Chicago Bears Hulu.com Page

Chicago Bears Hulu.com Page
For All The NFL Network Footage

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Throwing It All Away...


I was meaning to get to this as soon as it came out, but I got a little sidetracked. Plus, I kind of hoped it would kind of go away but alas, it hasn't gone away, and actually it's been parodied a couple times, so I figure I might as well quickly give my two cents on the LeBron "What Should I Do?" commercial.

Many people think this was a very good or creative or ground breaking commercial. To me, it's a large window into just how disconnected LeBron James really is with reality. Point of fact, LeBron should have been asking himself this question years ago. James should have realized the totality of his decision to leave Cleveland to be a second banana on someone else's team, and he should have been surprised by zero of the backlash he's received.

Instead the opposite has happened. James is so hurt by the backlash that he actually admitted to having an "Enemies List" of people who spoke negatively about his decision. An Enemies List?! Really?! Pathetic LBJ. LeBron really didn't fully understand what he would be opening himself up to by doing what he did. Whether that's the fault of Maverick Carter or anyone else that surrounded him is immaterial. James should have been plenty self-aware to know that people's perception of him was going to be drastically changed.

This commercial is proof that he wasn't self-aware enough. This commercial is nothing more than "You People Aren't Kissing My Ass The Way I Thought You Were Going To, So I'm Going To Try To Make You Feel Bad About It". Nothing More.

What should you do LeBron? Well...you don't want to hear the answer because even if you win a championship, the answer is still the same. That answer is, what you SHOULD do, can no longer be done....

1 comment:

  1. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/510863-clevland-cavs-fans-spoof-lebron-james-nike-commercial-you-have-to-see-this?source=rss_teams_Cleveland_Cavaliers

    Watch This!!

    ReplyDelete