Welcome!!!

Welcome to everyone who found this blog! First things first, the man you see pictured with a healthy glass of wine in his hand, and a jim dandy White Sox shirt on, is my uncle. He is one of the finest human beings ever to walk the earth, and this blog is dedicated to him.

Secondly, I'm not really sure who would want to read anything here. As I stated before, this blog was started by me strictly for theraputic purposes at this point. If something is on here that generates a reaction in you, by all means feel free to share it. If not, that's fine too. This is a fly-by-night operation, so no pressure.

Third, we live in an era where sports information has never been more accessible. Yet somehow most of it manages to be filtered and watered down in many respects by certain media/sports networks/websites. It's my wish to have one little sanctuary where information/thoughts/feelings are free of agenda or spin, or b.s. that exists in todays sportsworld. Hopefully that will exist here.

Fourth, LETS HAVE SOME FUN!!!


Chicago Bears Hulu.com Page

Chicago Bears Hulu.com Page
For All The NFL Network Footage

Monday, October 25, 2010

The Thrill Is Gone

I am out of carrots...I am out of sticks...I'm out of excuses...but most importantly, I am out of faith in Jay Cutler, and it's very painful and disappointing.
In light of Sunday's debacle of a game against the Redskins, my foundation of Cutler belief has been shaken to the point of instability. In a game that NEITHER team was good enough, let alone deserved, to win the Redskins ended up with the victory all thanks to Cutler and his 4 inexcusable picks thrown to DeAngelo Hall who in case you were wondering - has been beaten by more receivers than any other cornerback in the league this year.

Yeah I know Ryan Torain had 125 yards, yeah I know Jay has a Swiss Cheese Offensive Line that I wouldn't trust against a bunch of 8th graders, and yeah I know Jay doesn't have legit receivers but rather kick returners disguised as receivers...but that's just the same old song that I've been signing for two years that's prevented me from realizing the truth, and that truth is Jay is not a franchise QB like Peyton Manning or Tom Brady or hell you could argue Aaron Rodgers if you wanted to.
At this point in his career Cutler has shown some flashes of brilliance. Officially he has 11 fourth quarter comebacks and Game Winning Drives under his belt. Cutler also made the Pro Bowl in 2008. Cutler has one of the strongest arms of any QB in the NFL. Despite all of those accomplishments however, the fact of the matter is Cutler simply hasn't gotten any better or improved. If anything, he's gotten worse. His mechanics continue to betray him at key moments, as evidence by at least one of Hall's four picks on the day - which in case you were wondering, Jay still has the swagger enough to say he'd continue to throw at Hall no matter what. Ballsy? Yes. Foolish? Probably.

Is there any hope for Cutler? Well I can't say I've become a full fledged Cutler Atheist...I'm more of Cutler Agnostic. With that in mind, I do reserve the right to hope against hope that he improves. I will allow the possibility that he works on his mechanics - particularly in the red zone - to the point where he becomes way more efficient at it.

Plus if we really want to reach...it's important to remember that may of the same things we're saying about Cutler were said about John Elway at various points in his career. For many years Elway was considered a loser, or a choke artist even though he put together "The Drive" by his fourth season. Those perceptions changed dramatically when he got the right coach, with the right system, with the right running back, for Elway and the Broncos to put it all together for back to back Super Bowl wins. So I guess it technically can happen.

Bottom line though, I'm tired of waiting for good things to happen TO Jay. It's time for Jay to start MAKING good things happen all by himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment