Welcome!!!

Welcome to everyone who found this blog! First things first, the man you see pictured with a healthy glass of wine in his hand, and a jim dandy White Sox shirt on, is my uncle. He is one of the finest human beings ever to walk the earth, and this blog is dedicated to him.

Secondly, I'm not really sure who would want to read anything here. As I stated before, this blog was started by me strictly for theraputic purposes at this point. If something is on here that generates a reaction in you, by all means feel free to share it. If not, that's fine too. This is a fly-by-night operation, so no pressure.

Third, we live in an era where sports information has never been more accessible. Yet somehow most of it manages to be filtered and watered down in many respects by certain media/sports networks/websites. It's my wish to have one little sanctuary where information/thoughts/feelings are free of agenda or spin, or b.s. that exists in todays sportsworld. Hopefully that will exist here.

Fourth, LETS HAVE SOME FUN!!!


Chicago Bears Hulu.com Page

Chicago Bears Hulu.com Page
For All The NFL Network Footage

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

LeBron Update Part V

For as much as I like to go toe-to-toe with my guy Rossi and his Notre Dame delusions of grandeur, he was the first to tell me that Izzo has rejected the Cavs offer today. Izzo rejected it mainly because he was unable to speak with James. You may recall that just yesterday I saw the potential talks between Izzo and James as a big obstacle in the likelihood of James becoming a Bull, lowered the LeBron Clock to 25%, and stated that if Izzo takes the Cavs job it's a certainty that James will stay in Cleveland.

Well now I'm happy to say I'll be raising the LeBron Clock up to a new high of 50%! I'm raising it not only because of Izzo's decision to stay at East Lansing, but also because of the report I heard on the Score today. The report mainly said that the press conference where Cavs owner Dan Gilbert went out of his way to say that LeBron will not be involved in the Cavs coaching hire whatsoever, really didn't sit well with James. LeBron allegedly has taken exception to that bit of grandstanding by Gilbert, and this maybe yet another reason for LeBron to feel he needs to move on from the Cavs. While that doesn't necessarily mean he's going to the Bulls, it certainly doesn't hurt the Bulls chances does it?

Oh what a difference a day makes...

5 comments:

  1. I was all over this story because if Izzo did leave. Ud's coach Brian Gregory would have taken the MSU job. Now, he should take the big job. Whitey and I agree, BG needs to win this yr and maybe next to be consider for a GREAT Job like MSU.
    I have a hunch that if Weber does not win at IL. I think IL is his best shot at a big job and makes the most sense. Just think BG, and Crean both have head coaching jobs. That does not include Jim Boylen from Utah, Doug Wojcik from Tulsa, Stan Heath from South Florida, and Mike Garland from Cleveland State are all head coaches! All these HCS come from the Izzo tree. And yet Izzo's teams haven't missed a beat. Very impressive for Izzo and him developing head coaches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How far does Weber have to go? Top 5 seed in the Tourney? Sweet 16 appearance? I'm just curious what you think because I agree with you that the honeymoon is WAY over at Illinois for Bruce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steven pointed this out and i agree with him. When a powerhouse basketball program such as U of I has the same goals as UD bball team (i don't consider us a mid-major or BCS, I feel were between) something is really wrong! Also, when players are starting to revolt against your style like DM did last yr. This is not a good sign.
    I felt the downfall began in 08 with a really bad class. When others are going into your area and taking prized IL recruits that is a sign of bad things to come. Good recruits are there and seem like they haven't developed. Now, that is a sign of coaching. But, things are looking up because he is bringing a loaded class. Your right, top 5 seed, a good showing in the big ten and 16 run will help. But, I always said BG is eying MSU and U of I jobs. Now, since the MSU job is gone forever, leaves him open for IL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For as overrated as Illinois High School Recruits are (Highest ranked one from the state in 2010 was ranked #31 in the top 150 in Meyers Leonard), like it or not Weber will be judged by his ability to bring them into the program.

    The aforementioned Myers Leonard is going to play for Weber this year though, so maybe he rebounds this year? I think we're all in agreement though, Illinois has to make a lot of noise for Weber to keep his job.

    ReplyDelete