Welcome!!!

Welcome to everyone who found this blog! First things first, the man you see pictured with a healthy glass of wine in his hand, and a jim dandy White Sox shirt on, is my uncle. He is one of the finest human beings ever to walk the earth, and this blog is dedicated to him.

Secondly, I'm not really sure who would want to read anything here. As I stated before, this blog was started by me strictly for theraputic purposes at this point. If something is on here that generates a reaction in you, by all means feel free to share it. If not, that's fine too. This is a fly-by-night operation, so no pressure.

Third, we live in an era where sports information has never been more accessible. Yet somehow most of it manages to be filtered and watered down in many respects by certain media/sports networks/websites. It's my wish to have one little sanctuary where information/thoughts/feelings are free of agenda or spin, or b.s. that exists in todays sportsworld. Hopefully that will exist here.

Fourth, LETS HAVE SOME FUN!!!


Chicago Bears Hulu.com Page

Chicago Bears Hulu.com Page
For All The NFL Network Footage

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Notes And Observations From Practice

I hate preseason games. I really do. I hate that there's so many games, and I hate that so many people don't really understand that the games are not taken seriously by the players and coaches. I hate that a lot teams have bad injuries that take place during them. I hate that people will watch the first game of the preseaon and actually attempt to draw conclusions from them! They are pretty much a waste of everyone's time, and there's a good reason as to why there are serious discussions about only having 2 preseason games per season come next labor agreement.

That said though, I DID watch the Bears vs Chargers game with some interest, and here's what I saw:
  • The Offensive Line actually pass protected better than I thought they would in the first and midway through the second quarters. Chris Williams in particularly played pretty well in pass blocking. The one negative I noticed, is a pretty big one. They had ZERO successful run-blocks that I could tell among the starters. They didn't blow anyone off the ball, particularly in the middle of the line.
  • Cutler played on 8 plays, and I'm very happy about that. I'm not even excited that he was 2 for 2. I'm very excited he stayed healthy despite a sack, and taking a pretty good hit when he scrambled in the first quarter.
  • I believe Devin Aromashodu is a starting receiver on the Bears when the regular season begins. He didn't disappointment in the least.
  • Julius Peppers was invisible. Tommie Harris wasn't invisible. Both can play better though.
  • Chris Harris was late to rotate over on San Diego's TD in the first quarter. I'd like to believe that's because he's playing out of position. He's not a free safety. Hopefully Major Wright is.
  • Brian Urlacher looked OK. Especially when he was taken out of the game and didn't get injured.
So onto next week, in the second of four meaningless games. I'd like to see the timing on both sides of the ball improve, but just mainly stay injury free.

1 comment:

  1. Christ Farve's back. Let's hope Peppers rips off his arm and beats him with the bloody end!

    ReplyDelete