Welcome!!!

Welcome to everyone who found this blog! First things first, the man you see pictured with a healthy glass of wine in his hand, and a jim dandy White Sox shirt on, is my uncle. He is one of the finest human beings ever to walk the earth, and this blog is dedicated to him.

Secondly, I'm not really sure who would want to read anything here. As I stated before, this blog was started by me strictly for theraputic purposes at this point. If something is on here that generates a reaction in you, by all means feel free to share it. If not, that's fine too. This is a fly-by-night operation, so no pressure.

Third, we live in an era where sports information has never been more accessible. Yet somehow most of it manages to be filtered and watered down in many respects by certain media/sports networks/websites. It's my wish to have one little sanctuary where information/thoughts/feelings are free of agenda or spin, or b.s. that exists in todays sportsworld. Hopefully that will exist here.

Fourth, LETS HAVE SOME FUN!!!


Chicago Bears Hulu.com Page

Chicago Bears Hulu.com Page
For All The NFL Network Footage

Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Inverted W

Big shout out to my brother Steven for bringing this article to my attention today! With the news that the great and powerful Stephen Strasburg has been put on the 15 Day Disabled List due to a strained shoulder, it has opened the debate floor as to why Strasburg already has arm problems. The best part about this article is that it was written over a year ago. 

I had always been aware of power pitchers who are guilty of bringing their elbows higher than their shoulder plane were usually ripe for devasting injury which sometimes required the dreaded Tommy John surgery i.e. Kerry Wood, Mark Prior, Joel Zumaya to name a few. I wasn't aware that there is an actual term for that mechanical flaw, and it's called The Inverted W (pictured above). Maybe it's part of the reason why Strasburg has shoulder problems already, or maybe it isn't. I tend to think it is, especially in light of Strasburg's 90 Mile an Hour Changeup.

One thing I can say with confidence however, is that I don't think we as baseball fans should be expecting a long career from one of the most legendary draft picks to ever come out in Baseball History.

No comments:

Post a Comment