Welcome!!!

Welcome to everyone who found this blog! First things first, the man you see pictured with a healthy glass of wine in his hand, and a jim dandy White Sox shirt on, is my uncle. He is one of the finest human beings ever to walk the earth, and this blog is dedicated to him.

Secondly, I'm not really sure who would want to read anything here. As I stated before, this blog was started by me strictly for theraputic purposes at this point. If something is on here that generates a reaction in you, by all means feel free to share it. If not, that's fine too. This is a fly-by-night operation, so no pressure.

Third, we live in an era where sports information has never been more accessible. Yet somehow most of it manages to be filtered and watered down in many respects by certain media/sports networks/websites. It's my wish to have one little sanctuary where information/thoughts/feelings are free of agenda or spin, or b.s. that exists in todays sportsworld. Hopefully that will exist here.

Fourth, LETS HAVE SOME FUN!!!


Chicago Bears Hulu.com Page

Chicago Bears Hulu.com Page
For All The NFL Network Footage

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Viva La Deadspin!

Did I ever mention how much I dislike ESPN? Well at the risk of repeating myself, yes I still HATE ESPN! Tonight is another reminder of why I do, as their annual event/self-fellatio takes place tonight, otherwise known as The ESPY Awards. The event is full of attempts to try and convince people that sports figures are heroes in every sense of the word and deserve our unconditional admiration for simply walking the same earth as the likes of Drew Brees, Landon Donovan and Phil Mickleson do. The ESPY's are an award show, that even for an award show, is so pretentious, self-aggrandizing, and sappy, that "nauseating" isn't nearly a strong enough word to describe it.

As I pondered if there has ever been a time I was remotely interested in watching the ESPY's, a flashback suddenly hit me. The flashback of 1998 hit me like a bucket of water. That years' ESPY awards were hosted by Norm MacDonald, and I remember this because he gave one of the funniest and envelope pushing monologue's I've ever seen anyone pull off. I then randomly clicked over to Deadspin and thankfully they were (once again) way ahead of me and had the monologue readily available.

So click here to view it. As you will no doubt agree, ESPN will NEVER allow for something like this to ever happen again, simply because it was awesome...

No comments:

Post a Comment