Welcome!!!

Welcome to everyone who found this blog! First things first, the man you see pictured with a healthy glass of wine in his hand, and a jim dandy White Sox shirt on, is my uncle. He is one of the finest human beings ever to walk the earth, and this blog is dedicated to him.

Secondly, I'm not really sure who would want to read anything here. As I stated before, this blog was started by me strictly for theraputic purposes at this point. If something is on here that generates a reaction in you, by all means feel free to share it. If not, that's fine too. This is a fly-by-night operation, so no pressure.

Third, we live in an era where sports information has never been more accessible. Yet somehow most of it manages to be filtered and watered down in many respects by certain media/sports networks/websites. It's my wish to have one little sanctuary where information/thoughts/feelings are free of agenda or spin, or b.s. that exists in todays sportsworld. Hopefully that will exist here.

Fourth, LETS HAVE SOME FUN!!!


Chicago Bears Hulu.com Page

Chicago Bears Hulu.com Page
For All The NFL Network Footage

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What......WHAT?!


So I'm sure you have all heard the bizarre nature of this equally bizarre story by now yes? To quickly sum up : It was on ESPN.com, then it was removed, Deadspin recovered it and made it available, ESPN gave a B.S. Spin Cycle answer of "it was inadvertently put on the server", as to why it was removed.
After reading it, I can honestly say it wasn't really that entertaining, or intriguing, or shocking for lack of a better word. By all other stories I've read or heard about celebrities or athletes in Las Vegas, LeBron's experience was incredibly tame, to the point where I'm convinced that I'M actually capable of partying way harder than LeBron when I'm in Vegas!

There are any number of theories as to why it was pulled from the website. Everything from, "It makes LeBron look like a child" to "It looks bad if it seems that many NBA players go to Las Vegas all the time because of the gambling availability" and so on, are all perfectly good enough guesses. If I had to come up with a reason as to why, I would guess that it's mainly because it specifically names Maverick Carter as the man behind "The Decision" idea, and it makes ESPN look like they are subservient to superstar athletes, rather than jouranlists.

If that's the case than it just further shows how completely out of touch ESPN really is. Everyone with a three digit I.Q. already knows that ESPN is nothing more than a well-oiled P.R. Machine with zero journalistic integrity, and if they didn't before "The Decision", they certainly know it now. Anyway as I said, the story and the way it's been handled is bizarre, and if it gives people like me another reason to hate LeBron so be it?

Now if I could JUST get confirmation of he juicy rumore I heard that someone went up to Dwayne Wade and asked "How does it feel to be Scottie Pippen?", and that there's now tension between Wade and LBJ...

No comments:

Post a Comment