Welcome!!!

Welcome to everyone who found this blog! First things first, the man you see pictured with a healthy glass of wine in his hand, and a jim dandy White Sox shirt on, is my uncle. He is one of the finest human beings ever to walk the earth, and this blog is dedicated to him.

Secondly, I'm not really sure who would want to read anything here. As I stated before, this blog was started by me strictly for theraputic purposes at this point. If something is on here that generates a reaction in you, by all means feel free to share it. If not, that's fine too. This is a fly-by-night operation, so no pressure.

Third, we live in an era where sports information has never been more accessible. Yet somehow most of it manages to be filtered and watered down in many respects by certain media/sports networks/websites. It's my wish to have one little sanctuary where information/thoughts/feelings are free of agenda or spin, or b.s. that exists in todays sportsworld. Hopefully that will exist here.

Fourth, LETS HAVE SOME FUN!!!


Chicago Bears Hulu.com Page

Chicago Bears Hulu.com Page
For All The NFL Network Footage

Monday, July 12, 2010

Rumors and Innuendo

Nothing like the All-Star Break to interrupt a historic making run by your favorite baseball team. I needed something to scratch my White Sox itch besides that silly-ass Home Run Contest tonight. Hearing Chris Berman screaming his NOOTS off and acting like he's never seen a home run before doesn't really do it for me, but hey don't worry Chris, "You're With Me Leather"...

So I hit one of my favorite websites, mlbtraderumors.com, and they gave me a little White Sox fix. There's some interesting nuggets in the past couple days about the White Sox attempts to land Cliff Lee. Essentially any deal the White Sox would have struck with Seattle would have involved giving up Gordon Beckham - which I'm very glad the White Sox are unwilling to part with Beckham, as I'm loathe to acquire pitchers over 30 years old, and I don't believe Beckham is this bad a ball player. 

In terms of the other options the Sox have to try and land, Roy Oswalt is the first name on the list, but it seems both the Sox and Oswalt don't really want each other since Kenny Williams said he's reluctant to get pitchers from the National League (Funny how he didn't feel that way a year ago when he traded for Jake Peavy...), and Oswalt has said he would veto any trade to the Sox. That's fine with The Beard. The one name that I REALLY hope doesn't come up in Zambrano. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't want Zambrano because he's a lunatic - even though that would be more that enough. The main reason I don't want him is quite simply put, he's just not that good anymore.

As for the Dan Haren, Ben Sheets, or Jeremy Guthrie's of the world....YAWN. I'd rather take a chance on any minor league pitchers other teams don't have a scouting report on yet.

Man it's nice to be "buyers" again...

No comments:

Post a Comment