Welcome!!!

Welcome to everyone who found this blog! First things first, the man you see pictured with a healthy glass of wine in his hand, and a jim dandy White Sox shirt on, is my uncle. He is one of the finest human beings ever to walk the earth, and this blog is dedicated to him.

Secondly, I'm not really sure who would want to read anything here. As I stated before, this blog was started by me strictly for theraputic purposes at this point. If something is on here that generates a reaction in you, by all means feel free to share it. If not, that's fine too. This is a fly-by-night operation, so no pressure.

Third, we live in an era where sports information has never been more accessible. Yet somehow most of it manages to be filtered and watered down in many respects by certain media/sports networks/websites. It's my wish to have one little sanctuary where information/thoughts/feelings are free of agenda or spin, or b.s. that exists in todays sportsworld. Hopefully that will exist here.

Fourth, LETS HAVE SOME FUN!!!


Chicago Bears Hulu.com Page

Chicago Bears Hulu.com Page
For All The NFL Network Footage

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Quit Crying

I thought I'd pull away from the LeBron Sweepstakes for a moment since I'm still not confident the Bulls are going to get him at this point. I also don't like the late news of LeBron getting ESPN to do a 1 hour special with LeBron while he announces live on TV what his final decision is either, but that's neither here nor there for today's post.

Today's post will center around baseball, specifically the All-Star game omissions. Everyone around the country is complaining about any number of players getting passed over, from Strasburg, to Miguel Olivo, to Konerko, to Rios, to Silva, to Joey Votto and I really wish they would STOP. Complaining about All-Star snubs is quickly becoming one of the reasons I don't enjoy the All-Star game as much as I used to. Inter-league play, and the biggest Overreaction to an Overreaction of Bud Selig making these games count for home field advantage in the World Series are two big additional reasons why my All-Star Game Love has subsided.

Out of all the would be snubs and their various cheerleaders calling for them to be added to this year's roster, I just have two words for them, "Hank Greenberg". Nobody has been snubbed more in All-Star Game history than Hank Greenberg. For those that don't know, Greenberg was hitting .317, .391 OBP, 1.062 OPS, 25 dingers, and 103...repeat 103 RBI'S AT THE ALL-STAR BREAK! That RBI number is still a Major League record, and it's also one of those records I don't think we'll see fall anytime soon. Greenberg also went on to win the AL MVP that season despite being left off the All-Star team. So please keep this in mind and spare me the cries for Miguel Olivo, or Michael Young, or Kevin Youkilis.

Also, for you White Sox fans that want and/or are voting for Konerko to be added to the roster, remember this : Keeping Paulie OFF the roster makes it easier for the White Sox to sign him to a new contract this offseason. So a little Big Picture Thinking wouldn't hurt...

No comments:

Post a Comment