Welcome!!!

Welcome to everyone who found this blog! First things first, the man you see pictured with a healthy glass of wine in his hand, and a jim dandy White Sox shirt on, is my uncle. He is one of the finest human beings ever to walk the earth, and this blog is dedicated to him.

Secondly, I'm not really sure who would want to read anything here. As I stated before, this blog was started by me strictly for theraputic purposes at this point. If something is on here that generates a reaction in you, by all means feel free to share it. If not, that's fine too. This is a fly-by-night operation, so no pressure.

Third, we live in an era where sports information has never been more accessible. Yet somehow most of it manages to be filtered and watered down in many respects by certain media/sports networks/websites. It's my wish to have one little sanctuary where information/thoughts/feelings are free of agenda or spin, or b.s. that exists in todays sportsworld. Hopefully that will exist here.

Fourth, LETS HAVE SOME FUN!!!


Chicago Bears Hulu.com Page

Chicago Bears Hulu.com Page
For All The NFL Network Footage

Monday, May 17, 2010

Not So Fast My Friend - LeBron Update Part One


There's a certain type of freedom, that comes with being totally screwed. The Chicago White Sox have already let me know that their season is over. The Chicago Cubs have also decided not to be competitive this season either. So there's no real reason to watch either team with any emotional interest other than comedic value. Both Bay Area baseball teams are fine, but that's for another blog. I have a sneaking suspicion that the Bears are more than likely going to be awful next season as well. Were it not for the Blackhawks, I might have to suspend myself from sports for a while.

Since I can't do that, I still need something to occupy my time especially if/when the Hawks win Lord Stanley's Cup. So even though I know better than to get caught up in this, I'm going to cast aside my own personal misgivings on writing about speculation, and join in the circus with my feelings about the upcoming LeBron James Sweepstakes.

One of the main reasons I will be following this story closely is because it does involve the Chicago Bulls at some level. The Cavs season hasn't even been over a week yet, and that still hasn't stopped the endless speculation as to what LeBron wants, where he wants to go, how much money does he want, and what is most important to him. In terms of numbers, the Bulls only have $32 million dollars committed to 6 players for the 2010-2011 season. The only teams with less money committed are the Nets, Knicks, Heat, and the Wizards. Of those teams, the only one that has pieces that would rival the Bulls, is the Nets in Devin Harris and Brook Lopez.

So the Bulls are definitely an option for LeBron. Which means we now have to watch for signs between now and July 1 in terms of how interested LeBron is in becoming a Chicago Bull. Here's what I've heard so far:


  • Despite what Deadspin has attempted to debunk here, Dan Bernstein of WSCR-AM has reported that there is truth to the Delonte West-Gloria James tryst and LeBron finding out about it recently. Also, as the rumor goes, this is serving as the final straw that LeBron has made up his mind to leave Cleveland.

  • Charles Oakley is claiming to have an inside glimpse into LeBron's thought process and he states "Chicago or Miami, not New York".

  • Bernstein has also confirmed that there has been "contact" between the Bulls and Phil Jackson. Obviously whatever contact has been made is limited at best since there are tampering rules in play here, but contact has been made none the less. I'm guessing it's Phil's agent doing all the talking.

So that's what I got so far. I have a feeling if baseball keeps being this bad, these updates will be coming daily...

5 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you. Not only have our baseball teams sucking made me that much more into Le Blackhawks but I will also get caught up in the LeBron drama for the next 6 weeks.

    Here's a juicy article/rumor:

    http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/05/17/expect-lebron-rivers-to-flow-to-chicago/

    ReplyDelete
  2. As for these Lebron rumors lets all take a deep breath and enjoy the next 6 weeks. Until it becomes closer to July 1st thats when the excitement really begins. As for now all speculation.

    And if he comes to Chicago LET THE RECORD STAND I WOULD WELCOME HIM IN OPEN ARMS. UNLIKE WHITEY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an interesting column Joe. Especially because Terrance Moore isn't some Mariotti type who likes to throw random stuff out there. He's a very well respected columnist, and for him to be convinced is encouraging.

    Rossi, how funny would it be if we screwed over all those Cavs fans we went to school with by getting LeBron?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, this would be worse then the shots Jordan hit against the Cavs. This would be VERY SWEET for me! I hope we land LBJ, we would immediately return to the top of bball.

    And I am pretty sure those cavs fan would cry themselves to sleep at night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh most certainly, Rossi. And may I add I stand to win $100 from a drunken, and stupid (at the time) bet I made freshman year of college in Marycrest room 422. I bet a very obnoxious cavs fan that LeBron would never win an NBA championship with the Cleveland Cavaliers. he was kind enough to remind me of this bet at the beginning of the 2010 playoffs.

    He asked me if the bet was still on and i said yes as long as we could adjust the 2005 $100 bet to inflation rates when LeBron retires. He agreed. Right now that $100 would be $111.63. See http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl

    Rossi, if I win I'm taking you and Tony Danza back to Razzles.

    Great blog, Whitey. I read it everyday.

    ReplyDelete